Golden Cob Products Limited

Permanent URI for this community

Golden Cob was founded in 1895 and operated in lower George Street, Sydney for the purposes of selling bulk grains and bird seeds. In 1933 David Richard Denne Jr purchased Golden Cob when the store was located at 12 Jarrett Street, Leichhardt. Denne registered his company as Golden Cob Products Limited on 29 September 1933. Denne's company carried on the business of birdseed and grain merchants specialising in produce for the feeding of cage birds, pigeons and fish. In 1937 the company name was changed to Golden Cob Products Pty Ltd, expanded its operations and moved to 213 Darling Street, Balmain in 1939. In 1971 Denne sold the business to a subsidiary of Kimpton, Minifie and McLennon.

Browse

Collections in this Community

Now showing 1 - 1 of 1