Skip navigation
Skip navigation

The MACHO Project Large Magellanic Cloud Variable-star Inventory. IX. Frequency Analysis of the First-overtone RR Lyrae Stars and the Indication for Nonradial Pulsations

Alcock, Charles; Allsman, Robyn; Alves, David R; Axelrod, Tim; Becker, Andrew C; Bennett, D P; Clement, C; Cook, Kem H; Drake, Andrew John; Freeman, Kenneth; Geha, M; Griest, K; Kovacs, G; Kurtz, D W; Lehner, M J; Marshall, S L; Minniti, Dante; Nelson, C A; Peterson, Bruce; Popowski, P; Pratt, M; Quinn, Peter J; Rodgers, Alexander; Rowe, J F; Stubbs, Christopher W; Sutherland, William J; Tomaney, A B; Vandehei, T; Welch, D L

Description

More than 1300 variables classified provisionally as first-overtone RR Lyrae pulsators in the MACHO variable-star database of the Large Magellanic Cloud (LMC) have been subjected to standard frequency analysis. Based on the remnant power in the prewhitened spectra, we found 70% of the total population to be monoperiodic. The remaining 30% (411 stars) are classified as one of nine types according to their frequency spectra. Several types of RR Lyrae pulsational behavior are clearly identified...[Show more]

CollectionsANU Research Publications
Date published: 2000
Type: Journal article
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1885/91211
Source: Astrophysical Journal, The

Download

There are no files associated with this item.


Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Updated:  23 August 2018/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator