Professor H Burton
|Date created:||circa 1948|
Burton was appointed inaugural principal and first professor (the Chair was in Economic History) at the Canberra University College in November 1948. He recruited Manning Clark (History), L F Crisp [q.v.] (Political Science), H W Arndt (Economics) and A D Hope (English) and was responsible for the transformation of the Canberra University College into an institution of higher education respected throughout the nation for the quality of its staff and students.
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|