Skip navigation
Skip navigation

British New Guinea Development Company : [13]

Search British New Guinea Development Company
Browse British New Guinea Development Company
Browse by:
The company was established in London in 1910, to promote the cultivation of tropical plantations (rubber, cotton, tobacco, sugar, coconut and cocoa) as well as carrying on financial and mercantile tradings. In May 1910, the company held its first statutory general meeting. One of the first properties acquired was the Itikinuma Estate at Sogeri, near Port Moresby. General Managers included Charles A Darling [1910], Lewis J Cowley [1912 - 1915], G A Loudon [1916 - 1920]. The company was registered in England July 17, 1922. It was last listed in Jobson's Year Book of Public Companies of Australia and New Zealand as of 1967.

Communities & Collections

Updated:  19 May 2020/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator