|Collections||Australian Workers' Union|
|Author(s):||Photographer: not known|
|Series/Report no.:||Australian Workers' Union - Head Office - Photographs|
Construction of the eight-storey building in 1910 was financed by the Australian Workers' Union, largely from funds raised by launching Labor Papers Limited. From the premises the AWU published a chain of daily newspapers called The World. Macdonell House was named after shearer, trade unionist and politician Donald Macdonell (1862-1911). Occupying Macdonell House as its headquarters, the AWU also let out space to other unions.
|N117-1429-Page 8.tif||34.79 MB||TIFF|