Saloon bar in the Imperial Hotel, High Street, West Maitland.
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||December 1939|
Three barmaids and one customer stand at a tile-faced linoleum-topped bar with a curved corner. There is a cash register on the benchtop and a number of advertisements in the room including one for Hot Bonox and for flagons. The saloon features partially tiled walls, a linoleum floor and a framed humorous picture of a light horseman and is lit by spherical ceiling lights. The Imperial Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in November 1904 and was sold in August 1981. On completion of rebuilding in December 1939 the hotel was a three storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior wall and an iron roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||High Street, Maitland, New South Wales.|
|Other Identifiers:||Neg. 5351, Neg. 5812|