Reflecting its status as a branch of its English parent union, this society was originally registered as the Australian District of Amalgamated Society of Carpenters and Joiners in 1911 though it had existed as an affiliate of the British union since the 1850s. By the end of 1922 the name had been amended to become the Amalgamated Society of Carpenters and Joiners of Australia. It operated until the end of the Second World War when its name was changed to the Building Workers' Industrial Union of Australia in 1945. The Building Workers' Industrial Union of Australia functioned for just three more years until it was deregistered in 1948. The name Amalgamated Society of Carpenters and Joiners was taken over by a rival, anti-Communist breakaway group and federally registered in 1950, then was itself deregistered in 1951. Reforming in 1952, it eventually amalgamated with a number of unions in 1992 to form the Federation of Industrial Manufacturing and Engineering Employees.
Amalgamated Society of Carpenters & Joiners of Australia : 
Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 1 of 1
|Author(s)||Artist: William Warby|