Australian Building Construction Employees' & Builders' Labourers' Federation
Formed in 1911, the Australian Builders' Labourers' Federation's predecessors include the United Labourers' Friendly Society (1850s), the Melbourne United Labourers' Protection Society (1882), the Builders' Labourers' Union of Victoria (1898), the United Labourers' Protective Society of New South Wales (1883), the Builders' Labourers' Union of New South Wales (1901), the Adelaide Builders' Labourers' Society, and the Brisbane Builders' Labourers' Union. The Western Australian union joined the Federation in 1966. In 1972 it became the Australian Building Construction Employees' and Builders' Labourers' Federation until it was deregistered in 1974. It was registered again in 1976, but following a joint Federal and Victorian government Royal Commission was deregistered in 1986. Many members transferred to the Building Workers' Industrial Union and the Western Australian, Queensland, South Australian and Tasmanian branches merged with the BWIU. Branches in New South Wales and Victoria continued to operate into the 1990s and in the Australian Capital Territory till 1989.
Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 5 of 5