Skip navigation
Skip navigation

McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd : [2]

Search McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd
Browse McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd
Browse by:
The McKillop family operated as graziers and later horticulturalists at Buddah Station, Narromine NSW from 1863 to 1974. In 1906 the family partnership of McKillop & Sons was established and originally consisted of George McKillop and his sons Royden and Norman. Under the management of Royden McKillop, orange and apple orchards were established in 1911 and 1918 respectively. In 1955 McKillop & Sons was incorporated, with McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd owned by various shareholder companies which were in turn owned by members of the McKillop family. In late 1974, Buddah Station was sold to Amatil Ltd's pastoral subsidiary, the Naroo Pastoral Company Pty Ltd, and later to new companies operating as Glen Buddah Pty Ltd (in 1979) and Buddah Pty Ltd (in 1995). McKillop & Sons Pty Ltd was formally liquidated on 10 September 1982.

Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 2 of 2
MCKILLOP_2.tif.jpg

Albert bringing home the cows on Buddah Station

Author(s)Photographer: not known
TypeImage
Date Published24-Sep-2009
Date CreatedFeb 1936
MCKILLOP_1.tif.jpg

Opening an irrigation dam on the Macquarie River in a dry time

Author(s)Photographer: not known
TypeImage
Date Published24-Sep-2009
Date Created1930s

Updated:  19 May 2020/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator