Hauling logs, Karridale Timber Station
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
In 1884 Maurice Coleman Davies established a sawmill in the southwest of Western Australia which he named 'Karridale' after the karri timber in the area. In its heyday, Karridale Timber Station township was populated by 300 timber workers and their families and had a school and a hospital. The town declined in 1913, when the sawmill closed. In 1961 a fire destroyed most of the remaining buildings.
|Location:||Karridale, Western Australia|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.