Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Golden Cob Products Limited : [2]

Search Golden Cob Products Limited
Browse Golden Cob Products Limited
Browse by:
Golden Cob was founded in 1895 and operated in lower George Street, Sydney for the purposes of selling bulk grains and bird seeds. In 1933 David Richard Denne Jr purchased Golden Cob when the store was located at 12 Jarrett Street, Leichhardt. Denne registered his company as Golden Cob Products Limited on 29 September 1933. Denne's company carried on the business of birdseed and grain merchants specialising in produce for the feeding of cage birds, pigeons and fish. In 1937 the company name was changed to Golden Cob Products Pty Ltd, expanded its operations and moved to 213 Darling Street, Balmain in 1939. In 1971 Denne sold the business to a subsidiary of Kimpton, Minifie and McLennon.

Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 2 of 2
N45_GOLDEN_COB_PRODUCTS_LIMITED_1.tif.jpg

Factory worker, Golden Cobb's works, Balmain

Author(s)Photographer: not known
TypeImage
Date Published14-Oct-2009
Date Createdcirca 1940
N45_GOLDEN_COB_PRODUCTS_LIMITED_2.tif.jpg

Packing bird seed, Golden Cobb's works, Balmain

Author(s)Photographer: not known
TypeImage
Date Published14-Oct-2009
Date Createdcirca 1940

Updated:  19 May 2020/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator