Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Australasian Society of Engineers : [2]

Search Australasian Society of Engineers
Browse Australasian Society of Engineers
Browse by:
The Australasian Society of Engineers was established in 1890, by members of the Amalgamated Society of Engineers dissatisfied with the British dominance of that union. The Australasian Society of Engineers was first federally registered as a trade union in 1910 at which time there were branches in New South Wales, Adelaide (1904), Western Australia and Broken Hill (1909). By January 1914 the union branches included Collie, Melbourne, Adelaide, SA State, Wallaroo, Newcastle, South Sydney, Bathurst, Sydney, Perth, Petersburg, Port Adelaide, Quorn, Granville, Broken Hill, and Prospect. The union became defunct in February 1938 but was re-registered in August 1938. In 1991 it amalgamated with the Federated Ironworkers' Association of Australia to form the Federation of Industrial Manufacturing and Engineering Employees. This union later amalgamated with the Australian Workers' Union to form the AWU-FIME Amalgamated Union in 1993, later known simply as the AWU.

Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 2 of 2
E113_1.tif.jpg

Australasian Society of Engineers, South Australian Branch Executive

Author(s)Photographer: not known
TypeImage
Date Published24-Sep-2009
Date Created1940
E113_2.tif.jpg

Australasian Society of Engineers South Australian Branch Executive at the opening of the Adelaide Trades Hall

Author(s)Photographer: not known
TypeImage
Date Published24-Sep-2009
Date Created1949

Updated:  19 May 2020/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator