Bottle department in the Bondi Junction Hotel, 512-4 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||After 1942|
View of a linoleum-topped bar with both curved and angular corners faced with bands of two coloured mottled tiles which were also applied to the walls.The room has a mosaic tile floor and is lit by bowl shaped lights attached to the beams. Bottles are ranged on timber backed shelves which are decorated by strands of artificial grape leaves. Other details include chromed edgings, a vase of flowers, a cash register, a telephone and an advertisement for Orlando Wines. The Bondi Junction Hotel was built by Tooth & Company Limited after the license was transferred from the Queens Hotel, Woollahra in December 1941. On completion in 1942 the hotel was a three storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and a tile and concrete roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||512-4 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, Sydney|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.