Lounge in the Bondi Junction Hotel, 512-4 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||After 1942|
View of large numbers of table and chair settings in a room with a linoleum floor and veneer wall panels. The room features decorated cornices and aggregate or stone columns decorated with bands of thin mirror tiles and timber strips at the base. The furniture is all of timber construction and includes a variety of chairs, including some with substantial padding and others with none. Lights hang from the beams and the space is decorated by potted palms placed on various sorts of pedestals. Other details include a wall clock and a liquor price list.The Bondi Junction Hotel was built by Tooth & Company Limited after the license was transferred from the Queens Hotel, Woollahra in December 1941. On completion in 1942 the hotel was a three storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and a tile and concrete roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||512-4 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, Sydney|