Saloon bar in the Bondi Junction Hotel, 512-4 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||After 1942|
View of a curved linoleum-topped bar faced with bands of different coloured mottled tiles which also decorate the walls.The floor is laid with mosaic tiles and two pillars in the middle of the bar are encased in mirror strips. Other details include chromed edgings and fixtures, a streamline-edged band of bowl shaped lights that runs immediately above the bar, two cash registers, an octagonal clock, vases of daffodils and a figurine of an elephant on top of a shelf. The Bondi Junction Hotel was built by Tooth & Company Limited after the license was transferred from the Queens Hotel, Woollahra in December 1941. On completion in 1942 the hotel was a three storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and a tile and concrete roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||512-4 Oxford Street, Bondi Junction, Sydney|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.