Lounge servery in the Hollywood Hotel, corner of Hunt and Foster Streets, Surry Hills, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||After 1940|
View of metal stools with vinyl seats in front of a curved linoleum-topped bar edged with corrugated chrome. The shelves are mirror-backed and the bar and the wall panels behind it are faced with pale veneer panels. There is a faint floral patterned wallpaper on the walls and a floral carpet on the floor. Additional seating is provided by chrome and vinyl armchairs.The room is lit by a three bowled ceiling light. Other details include a metal and milky glass trim along the top of the bottle shelves, a shelf fan, a bakelite radio and a cash register. There are two framed pictures on the wall, one a photograph and the other a portrait. Originally known as the Navada, the hotel's name was changed to Hollywood in October 1941. The Hollywood Hotel was owned by the Perpetual Trustee Co. Ltd., but was tied to buy Tooth & Company beer according to the terms of a Head Lease. On completion of rebuilding in 1940 the hotel was a four storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and a tile roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||Hunt Street, Surry Hills, Sydney|
Foster Street, Surry Hills, Sydney
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.