Public bar in the Greengate Hotel, corner of Pacific Highway and Greengate Road, Killara, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||January 1945|
View of a curved linoleum-topped bar faced with square tiles, which also feature on the walls and on the benches built under the arched windows. Mosaic tiles are laid on the floor and are part of the wall trim. The room has chromed edgings, streamlined cornices and is lit by bowl shaped shelf lights as well as ceiling disc and bowl fixtures. Other details include curtains on the windows, padding on the benches and a GH monogram on the door.The Greengate Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in June 1940. On completion of rebuilding in 1943 the hotel was a two storeyed structure built of specially made bricks. The architectural style of the exterior was described as Italian Renaissance or Classical Revival and featured details such as pillars and arches.
|Location:||Pacific Highway, Killara, Sydney|
Greengate Road, Killara, Sydney
|Other Identifiers:||Neg. 5886|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.