Dining room in the Hyde park Hotel, corner of Elizabeth and Bathurst Streets, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||July 1941|
View of nine tables set for a meal with tablecloths, serviettes, crockery, glasses, glass jugs, cutlery, condiment vessels and vases of flowers on each table.The room has veneer panelling on walls and a pillar, a carpet in a bold design of interlacing rings and leaves and concentric cylindrical lights that hang from the ceiling. The room's windows have pelmets and curtains. Furniture includes both round and square tables, timber chairs with padded backs and seats and a server against the far wall. The Hyde Park Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in May 1911and sold in April 1983. In April 1940, the name was changed from the Royal Hyde Park Hotel to the Hyde Park Hotel. On completion of rebuilding in July 1941 the hotel was a four storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and a flat concreted roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||Elizabeth Street, Sydney|
Bathurst Street, Sydney