Saloon bar in the Hyde park Hotel, corner of Elizabeth and Bathurst Streets, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||July 1941|
View of a segmented curved linoleum-topped bar edged with chromed rails and faced with veneer and ribbed metal.The room has curved walls and pillars panelled in veneer, a linoleum floor laid in a stepped pattern, decorative timber trims and streamlined cornices. It is furnished with a long couch upholstered in vinyl and with cylindrical veneered arms. Other details include concentric cylindrical lights that hang from the ceiling, a potted palm and a floor ashtray. The Hyde Park Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in May 1911and sold in April 1983. In April 1940, the name was changed from the Royal Hyde Park Hotel to the Hyde Park Hotel. On completion of rebuilding in July 1941 the hotel was a four storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and a flat concreted roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||Elizabeth Street, Sydney|
Bathurst Street, Sydney
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.