Established in 1851, the original Amalgamated Engineering Union was a branch of the British union. It was registered with the Commonwealth Conciliation and Arbitration Court in 1905 and became known as the Amalgamated Society of Engineers. In 1920 it amalgamated with ten other engineering and allied trade unions and changed its name to the Amalgamated Engineering Union, Australian Section in 1921. In 1968 the union became autonomous from its parent body in Britain, shortening its name to the Amalgamated Engineering Union to reflect this. In mid-June 1972 the AEU began a series of amalgamations with the Sheet Metal Workers, Blacksmiths & Boilermakers and Federated Jewellers to form the Amalgamated Metal Workers' Union by 1973.
Amalgamated Engineering Union : 
Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 2 of 2
|Author(s)||Amalgamated Society of Engineers, No. 1 Australian Branch|
|Date Created||8 Oct 1852 - 20 Feb 1860|
Presentation certificate - Amalgamated Society of Engineers, Machinists, Millwrights, Smiths and Pattern Makers