Saloon bar in the Belmore Hotel, West Maitland, New South Wales
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||July 1941|
View of stools along a wall and in front of a serpentine linoleum-topped bar faced with veneer. A major feature of this room is four panels of a mural depicting a rural scene. Flooring is linoleum and there is extensive use of veneer panelling on walls and shelving units. The room has a cash register, fan, clock and is lit by a wall light as well as by lights set in the ceiling. The Belmore Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in July 1933. On completion of rebuilding in July 1941 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and an asbestos roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||High Street, Maitland, New South Wales|
St Andrew Street, Maitland, New South Wales
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.