Public bar in the Belmore Hotel, West Maitland, New South Wales
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||July 1941|
View of a serpentine linoleum-topped bar faced with blotched tiles which are also used on the walls. A major feature of this room is three panels of a mural depicting a rural scene. Flooring is linoleum and mosaic tiles and there is a number of different light fittings. The room has a cash register and a fan above the bar. The Belmore Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in July 1933. On completion of rebuilding in July 1941 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and an asbestos roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||High Street, Maitland, New South Wales|
St Andrew Street, Maitland, New South Wales