Public bar in the Cambridge Hotel, corner of Hunter and Wood Streets, Hamilton, New South Wales
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||Between February 1940 and May 1941|
View of curved linoleum-topped bar faced with tiles. The room has partially tiled walls, a linoleum and tile floor, decorative cornices and a dropped ceiling panel. Hexagon shaped lights hang from the ceiling. There is also a weighing machine, a wall clock and a number of advertisements and notices.The Cambridge Hotel was purchased by J.G. Cameron and owned by Cameron Investments Pty. Ltd.. According to the terms by which Tooth & Company leased the Family Hotel in Newcastle to Cameron Investments, the Cambridge was tied to buy Tooth beer until March 1960, when the hotel was sold. On completion of rebuilding, which occurred between February 1940 and May 1941, exterior photographs indicate that the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||Hunter Street, Hamilton, Newcastle, New South Wales|
Wood Street, Hamilton, Newcastle, New South Wales
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.