Public bar in the Bank Hotel, corner of Dowling and Hook Streets, Dungog, New South Wales
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||June 1940|
View of curved linoleum-topped bar faced with rectangular tiles and in the background, the door to the men's toilet. The room has a linoleum floor, walls partially tiled with square tiles, a bowl shaped light set in shelving above the counter and a spherical light hanging from the ceiling. Above the counter near the cash register is an advertisement for Bonox and there are two notices on the wall warning that betting is strictly forbidden. The Bank Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in November 1911 and sold in October 1980. On completion of rebuilding in August 1941 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior and an iron roof. The architectural style of the interior is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms. Unlike many of the other hotels rebuilt at this time, the Bank Hotel retains most of its original exterior façade.
|Location:||Dowling Street, Dungog, New South Wales|
Hook Street, Dungog, New South Wales
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.