Saloon bar in the Volunteer Hotel, corner of High and Hunter Streets, West Maitland
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||October 1940|
View of curved linoleum-topped bar faced with stepped bands of veneer, in a saloon that also features veneer on wall and door panels and on trims. Flooring is linoleum. As well as framed posters on the walls advertising Resch's and K.B., there are advertisements for the Bank of New South Wales and flagons of beer. The saloon also has a wall clock, a cash register and fans and lights hanging from the ceiling.The Volunteer Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in April 1903. On completion of rebuilding in October 1940 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior wall and an iron roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||High Street, Maitland, New South Wales|
Hunter Street, Maitland, New South Wales
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.