Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Saloon bar in the Exchange Hotel, High Street, West Maitland

This image is provided for research purposes only and must not be reproduced without the prior permission of the Archives Program, Australian National University.

Download (25.21 MB)


CollectionsTooth & Company Limited
Date created: August 1941
Description: 
View of a curved linoleum-topped bar faced with veneer. The room features partially veneered walls, a linoleum floor laid in a grid pattern and a light hanging from the ceiling. There is also a cash register and a stack of matchboxes on the counter, a trophy on a shelf and a wall clock.The Exchange Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in March 1921 and was probably sold in 1983 (the Company record is partly illegible). On completion of rebuilding in August 1941 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior wall and an iron roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
Location: 327 High Street, Maitland, New South Wales
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/1885/239
http://digitalcollections.anu.edu.au/handle/1885/239

Download

File Description SizeFormat Image
Z223-144-24.tif25.21 MBTIFFThumbnail


Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Updated:  20 July 2017/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator