Public bar in the Imperial Hotel, High Street, West Maitland
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||December 1939|
View of stools at a curved linoleum-topped bar faced with tiles. The room features partially tiled walls, a linoleum floor, wall fans and spherical ceiling lights. There is also a cash register and a number of advertisements including ones for Tolleys Hospital Brandy, Bovril, Tom & Jerry and Hot Bonox. The Imperial Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in November 1904 and was sold in August 1981. On completion of rebuilding in December 1939 the hotel was a three storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior wall and an iron roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||High Street, Maitland, New South Wales|
|Other Identifiers:||Neg. 5821|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.