Saloon bar in the Currency Lass Hotel, High Street, West Maitland
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||Nov 1940|
View of a linoleum-topped counter faced with veneer panels, as are the walls. The saloon features a linoleum floor laid in a basketweave pattern, mirror-backed shelves, ceiling lights and fan, and chrome edgings. Other details include a cash register, two small advertisements, a power box, window blinds and a radio which incorporates a small clock. The Currency Lass Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in October 1900 and was sold in March 1982. On completion of rebuilding in November 1940 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure with a fully tiled ground floor exterior wall and an iron roof. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||High Street, Maitland, New South Wales|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.