Public bar in the Pier Hotel, corner of Botany Road and Exell Street, Botany, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||April 1941|
View of a curved bar with mosaic footrest that is both topped and faced with linoleum. The room features a tile and linoleum floor, partially tiled walls and chromed edgings and fixtures. Other details include a wall clock, a framed advertisement for Resch's Pilsener, vases of flowers and sand-blasted letters on the glass doors. The Pier Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in December 1917 and sold in August 1982. On completion of rebuilding in November 1940 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure, roofed with corrugated asbestos and a large malthoid flat area and it had a fully tiled ground floor exterior. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||Botany Road, Banksmeadow, Sydney|
Exell Street, Banksmeadow, Sydney
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.