Public bar in the Grand Hotel, Princes Highway, Rockdale, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||March 1941|
View of a curved linoleum-topped bar faced with mottled tiles, as are the walls. There are two customers with hats on in the background. The room features a tiled and linoleum floor, mirror-tiled shelf pillars, chromed edgings and fixtures, advertisements and is lit by ceiling lights. The Grand Hotel was leased by Tooth & Company from December 1930. On completion of rebuilding in March 1941 the hotel was a three storeyed brick structure, roofed with corrugated asbestos and had a fully tiled ground floor exterior. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms.
|Location:||484 Princes Highway, Rockdale, Sydney|