Public bar in the Imperial Hotel, corner of Erskineville Road and Union Street, Erskineville, Sydney
|Collections||Tooth & Company Limited|
|Date created:||November 1940|
View of a linoleum-topped curved bar faced with a staggered tile pattern, as are the walls. The room features a tiled floor, chromed edgings and fixtures, streamlined cornices and is lit by double saucer-shaped lights hanging from the ceiling. Other details include vases of flowers and two framed advertisements. One is for Blue Bow Mineral Water and the other is a poster reproduction of a painting by Alan D. Baker advertising K.B.. The Imperial Hotel was purchased by Tooth & Company in February 1931 and sold in November 1982. On completion of rebuilding in November 1940 the hotel was a two storeyed brick structure, roofed with concrete and/or iron and had a fully tiled ground floor exterior. The architectural style is known as P. & O. Ship Style because of its similarities to ocean liner forms
|Location:||Erskineville Road, Erskineville, Sydney|
Union Street, Erskineville, Sydney
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.