Perth from a ferry boat, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
View of the city seen from the water. On the left a long low boat lies alongside the boatsheds and jetties of the [SWAN] RIVER SHIPPING COMPANY, while another jetty can be seen on the right of the photograph. The road running along the shoreline is Riverside Drive. Buildings visible on St Georges Terrace which runs parallel to the foreshore, include the colonial classical facade of the Treasury Buildings of 1874-77and the spires of Trinity Church, built in 1865. Further to the right can be seen the clock tower of the Town Hall on Hay Street of 1867 while slightly to the right of center is the turret and many verandas of the Esplanade Hotel, built in 1898.
|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.