Masonic Temple, Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
Photograph of a two storeyed brick and sandstone building known as the Old Masonic Lodge. It was built in 1867 to a design that may have been by Richard Roach Jewell. It is an example of the Gothic revival architectural style and features details such as arches and towers. Various Masonic symbols decorate the front façade including the five-pointed star and a square and compass united. The Latin inscription above the entrance is: AUDI VIDE TACE (Hear, See, Be Silent). Around 1895, a new western wing was added.The building was demolished in 1971. During its history it had had a number of occupants: the Mines Department; The Agricultural Bank (Rural & Industries Bank); and, the Public Trust Office.
|Location:||Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.