Crawley Bay (Matilda Bay, Crawley), Perth, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
View framed by trees of a bay on the Swan River. A road edged with a post and rail fence runs along the foreshore and further around the bay can be seen a low jetty and houses on the far shore. A figure standing on the hillside looks similar to a man who occurs in other photographs in this collection taken by T.Kelly. The man has a dark moustache and is dressed in a white shirt, jacket and bowler hat. Crawley Bay and Sutherland's Bay were two other names that Matilda Bay was known by. The estate bordering the bay had been first owned by Captain Currie and then by Henry Sutherland, but in 1910 it was acquired by the state and in 1922 it was vested in the University of Western Australia.
|Location:||Crawley Bay, Perth, Western Australia|
Matilda Bay, Crawley, Western Australia
Swan River, Western Australia
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.