Hotel Osborne and the water-tower, Peppermint Grove, Perth, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
|Date created:||Between 1895 and 1901|
Photograph of a large brick building and a square four storeyed tower set within fenced gardens. The water-tower has an external staircase and is surrounded by balconies guarded by diagonal cross fretwork railings. At the tower's upper corners are small open turrets capped with onion shaped cupolas. The hotel features Dutch scalloped gables and a square tower surmounted by a mansard roof. The hotel's balcony railings include balustrades, iron lace and fretwork.The Osborne was built in 1895 by the Grave family near where the Osborne Steps give access to the Swan River and the Osborne jetty. It was a very popular holiday destination in the 1890s, but in 1901 was taken over by the Loreto Convent and later became part of the premises of the Western Australia International College.
|Location:||Bindaring Parade, Peppermint Grove, Perth, Western Australia|
Ansley Street, Peppermint Grove, Perth, Western Australia
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.