Town Hall, Albany, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
|Date created:||Between 1891 and 1900|
View of a large building constructed of rough stone blocks trimmed with dressed stone and featuring a clock tower surmounted by a cupola. Albany Town Hall was opened on 1 June 1888 and the clock was installed in its tower in 1891. The building features a symmetrical façade with classical revival details including pilasters, arched openings, ionic capitals and urn roof decorations.The hall was used as a venue for entertainments, public meetings and indoor sporting activities such as roller-skating and foot racing.
|Location:||York Street, Albany, Western Australia|
Gordon Street (Grey Street West), Albany, Western Australia
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.