Marine Terrace, Geraldton, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
|Date created:||Between 1895 and 1902|
View of a wide street near an intersection fronted by mostly commercial buildings. On the left is a stone building in a classical revival style with arches and a triangular entablature. Letters in relief on its façade identify it as :...G MEN'S SOCIETY. The full inscription may be: Working Men's Society. On the left corner is the Freemasons Hotel, proprietors: Jones & Inglis. It is a substantial structure with verandas trimmed with iron lace, ornate roof façades and a truncated conical tower. On the opposite corner a building with striped veranda roofs has the date 1895 on its façade. Painted signs on this establishment include: MEADOWCROFT; AUCTION ROOM; LAND; VALUATIONS. At the end of the street is a sign for: BURNS PHILP & Co.. The street scene also shows a four wheeled horsedrawn vehicle, people walking and standing, fences and power poles.
|Location:||Marine Terrace, Geraldton, Western Australia|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.