Skip navigation
Skip navigation

View in Perth Park, Perth, Western Australia

This image is provided for research purposes only and must not be reproduced without the prior permission of the Archives Program, Australian National University.

Download (54.07 MB)


dc.contributor.authorPhotographer: T. Kelly
dc.coverage.spatialPerth Park (Kings Park), Perth, Western Australia
dc.coverage.spatialPerth, Western Australia.
dc.date.accessioned2004-02-25T06:06:25Z
dc.date.accessioned2011-01-05T11:50:16Z
dc.date.available2004-02-25T06:06:25Z
dc.date.available2011-01-05T11:50:16Z
dc.date.createdc.1890s
dc.identifierK3963
dc.identifier.otherAU NBAC 23-48-55
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1885/151
dc.description.abstractA picture of four people in a park with in the background a view of Perth and the Swan River. A woman and two girls sit on the bench surround of a small building while a boy stands in the entrance. The pavilion is an unglazed octagonal timber structure with openings on either side. It has a tiled roof and decorative wood trim around the eaves. The surrounding trees include gum trees and casuarinas, and there has been a recent planting of a large leafed plant in the triangular plot near the pavilion. The pavilion may be the structure described as a tea house on an early twentieth century map. Perth Park was re-named Kings Park in 1901 in honour of the accession of King Edward VII.
dc.format.extent55370144 bytes
dc.format.mediumphotograph
dc.format.mediumb&w
dc.format.medium14.3cm x 20.4cm
dc.format.mimetypeimage/tiff
dc.language.isoen_AU
dc.relation.ispartofIntercolonial Investment and Land Building Company
dc.relation.ispartofNoel Butlin Archives Centre. ANU Archives Program.
dc.relation.ispartofseries77 photographs of land in Western Australia, c. 1890-1902.
dc.rightsThis image is provided for research purposes only and must not be reproduced without the prior permission of the Archives Program, Australian National University.
dc.subject.otherPhotographs
dc.subject.otherviews
dc.subject.otherpavilions
dc.subject.otherparks
dc.subject.otherbuildings, structures & establishments
dc.subject.othereucalypts
dc.subject.othershe oaks
dc.subject.otherbanksias
dc.subject.othergardens
dc.subject.otherbenches (seats)
dc.subject.otherfootpaths
dc.subject.othertown views
dc.subject.othertrees
dc.subject.othermen's clothing
dc.subject.otherwomen's clothing & accessories
dc.subject.otherchildren's clothing
dc.subject.otherhats.
dc.titleView in Perth Park, Perth, Western Australia
dc.typeImage
local.description.notesInscribed in white on image, l.l.: View in Perth Park
local.description.notesl.r.: T.Kelly, Photo
local.description.notesThe Intercolonial Investment and Land Building Company was formed in 1885 to deal in real estate and to operate as banker and financial agents in the Australian colonies. In 1887, it absorbed the Joint Stock Building, Land and Investment Company Limited. The Company became a subsidiary of the Mercantile Mutual Insurance Company Ltd in January 1960.
CollectionsPhotographs

Download

File Description SizeFormat Image
023-48-55.tif54.07 MBTIFFThumbnail


Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Updated:  17 November 2022/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator