View in Perth Park, Perth, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
A picture of four people in a park with in the background a view of Perth and the Swan River. A woman and two girls sit on the bench surround of a small building while a boy stands in the entrance. The pavilion is an unglazed octagonal timber structure with openings on either side. It has a tiled roof and decorative wood trim around the eaves. The surrounding trees include gum trees and casuarinas, and there has been a recent planting of a large leafed plant in the triangular plot near the pavilion. The pavilion may be the structure described as a tea house on an early twentieth century map. Perth Park was re-named Kings Park in 1901 in honour of the accession of King Edward VII.
|Location:||Perth Park (Kings Park), Perth, Western Australia|
Perth, Western Australia.
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.