Barrack Street, Perth, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
View looking down Barrack Street towards Perth Water, with the Town Hall clock tower visible on the left. The Town Hall was designed by Richard Roach Jewell and completed in 1870. It was built in the style of a Tudor market hall with a clock tower and spires and for many years town markets were held there. The mostly commercial buildings include a few with Classical revival details such as balustraded parapets, but many establishments are also decorated with iron lace trim on veranda posts and railings. The street scene also shows horsedrawn vehicles, pedestrians, lanterns and power and telegraph poles. Various businesses have their names painted on or attached to the buildings. They include: GREENHAM & EVANS/ PHOTO ARTISTS; AH LING/ DRAPERS, GROCERS; PREMIER BOOT CO..
|Location:||Barrack Street, Perth, Western Australia|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.