St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
Street scene in Perth's business centre with mostly commercial buildings and in the distance, two church spires. The spires belong to the new Trinity Church built in 1893 to a design by Henry Trigg. The new church is in front of the original 1864 building. Much of the street's architecture is in the Classical revival style, such as the building on the right with its arched openings, horizontal edgings and balustraded parapet. The establishment on the left corner features continuous verandas guarded by foliate wrought iron lace railings. Various businesses have their names painted on walls including : NEW ZEALAND INSURANCE COMPANY. The scene also shows various horsedrawn vehicles, cyclists, streetlights, trees and power and telegraph poles.
|Location:||St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia|