Pavilion, Perth Park, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
A picture of three people in a park with in the background a view of Perth and the Swan River. A woman sits reading on the bench surround of a small building while a man and boy stand nearby. The pavilion is an unglazed octagonal timber structure with openings either side. It has a tiled roof and decorative wood trim around the eaves. The surrounding trees include gum trees, banksias and casuarinas, and the young trees planted alongside the path appear to be eucalypts. The pavilion may be the structure described as a tea house on an early twentieth century map. Perth Park was re-named Kings Park in 1901 in honour of the accession of King Edward VII.
|Location:||Perth Park (Kings Park), Perth, Western Australia|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.