South Perth from Perth Park, Western Australia
|Collections||Intercolonial Investment, Land & Building Company Limited|
Photograph taken from a high viewing point of the Swan River, Mill Point, South Perth and beyond the point, Perth Water. A ferry with two funnels and a string of flags can be seen in the foreground, while further in the distance are small sailing boats and another ferry adjacent to a jetty. Among the trees on the point are houses. Near the beach is the Old Mill built by William Shenton in 1835, after which the peninsula is named. It had previously been known as Point Belches. A veranda was built onto the mill in the early 1870s by "Satan" Brown, who had a Tea Gardens there. The veranda was removed in the 1950s. Visible very close to shore are black swans. Perth Park was re-named Kings Park in 1901 in honour of the accession of King Edward VII.
|Location:||Perth Park (Kings Park), Perth, Western Australia|
Mill Point, Perth, Western Australia
Swan River, Western Australia
Perth Water, Western Australia
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.