View of Fitzroy Bridge, Windsor, New South Wales
|Collections||Elder Smith and Company|
River scene depicting two bridges over South Creek, with the town of Windsor in the background. Cattle graze in the foreground and ducks swim on the water. A horsedrawn carriage with passengers on the outside of the vehicle crosses the upper bridge. This bridge is constructed with arches and is supported by two sets of double piles and timber, probably ironbark, cross beams. It was named Fitzroy Bridge after the Governor of the colony. The lower bridge has horizontal timber rails and is carried on a large number of piers. It was known as Howe Bridge because John Howe built it in 1813.
|Location:||South Creek, New South Wales|
Windsor, New South Wales.
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.