The Commonwealth Solar Observatory at Mount Stromlo
|Date created:||circa 1957|
Mt Stromlo Observatory began operation as the Commonwealth Solar Observatory in 1924. During the Second World War, it was the design and prototype centre for the Australian Optical Munitions Factory. After the war, the Observatory changed from solar to stellar astronomy and was renamed The Commonwealth Observatory. In 1957 Mount Stromlo Observatory became part of the Australian National University.
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
Items in Open Research are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.