Skip navigation
Skip navigation

Lake George Mines Pty Ltd : [6]

Search Lake George Mines Pty Ltd
Browse Lake George Mines Pty Ltd
Browse by:
The operations of Lake George Mines Pty Ltd were centred on a lead-zinc, copper and gold mine situated at Captain's Flat, located south east of Canberra. In the 1920s the British company, National Mining Corporation, examined the area and decided that the mine could be worked profitably again using modern extraction methods. Lake George Mines was incorporated as a limited liability company on 3 September 1930, becoming a proprietary company on 5 May 1943. The company conducted mining operations at Captain's Flat, New South Wales. In 1962 the company ceased operations and was placed in voluntary liquidation. In March 1962 the mine was closed following the exhaustion of further stopes and the increasingly unsafe condition of the mine. The London based holding company, Lake George Mining Corporation Limited, was placed into voluntary liquidation on March 31 1964.

Collection's Items (Sorted by Submit Date in Descending order): 1 to 6 of 6
80-32-13.tif.jpg

Housing Town Sheet 1, Captain's Flat, County of Murray, AA333

Author(s)-
TypeImage
Date Published-
Date Created1951
80-32-12.tif.jpg

Housing Town Sheet 2, Captain's Flat, County of Murray

Author(s)-
TypeText
Date Published-
Date Created1951
80-32-05.tif.jpg

E-H subdivision, section 5, Captain's Flat, County of Murray, DP211116069

Author(s)-
TypeImage
Date Published-
Date Created1962
80-32-04.tif.jpg

Tentative plans of lots 12 and 37, section 5, Captain's Flat, County of Murray

Author(s)-
TypeImage
Date Published-
Date Created1962
80-32-01.tif.jpg

Housing - town sheet no. 4

Author(s)-
TypeImage
Date Published-
Date Created1951

Updated:  19 May 2020/ Responsible Officer:  University Librarian/ Page Contact:  Library Systems & Web Coordinator